Abstract submission guidelines
Opening: March 30th, 2020
Deadline: June 14th, 2020
Before you can submit your abstract you must create an online account.
If you have participated to any SFA conference in the last few years you should already have a myCO account on our registration tool, myCongressOnline.
You can login with your previously used email address and password, or request a password reset if necessary. If you do not already have an account, you can create one in a few easy steps.
Step 1: Prepare all the information about your abstract
Your abstract must include:
- A title in French and its translation
- A list of authors with their affiliations
- The designated speaker
- A topic and a list of key words
- The main text of the abstract
Step 2: Title
- The title must be in lowercases with a capital at the beginning
- Do not use any small capitals or all capitals in the title
- Do not use any asterisks or notes
- Your title must be on a single line
- 255 characters maximum
Step 3: Select a topic and a type of presentation
Please select the topic of your abstract in the list of abstract categories.
You must also choose the type of presentation you would like to be considered for: an oral presentation, or a poster for the congress or the SFA research day.
Step 4: Authors
You must create the list of authors through the form “Create a new author”.
Once created, you may add the authors (first author and co-authors) and select a speaker.
Step 5: Abstract Text
- Your abstract must not exceed 400 words
- You should prepare the whole content of your abstract in another editor (Word, Text Edit, etc.) You can use all classic fonts because the text will automatically be formatted when submitted. Some problems may appear due to incompatibility between Mac and PC. We strongly recommend that you do not use any Greek letters, but instead their plain text counterparts: "Delta" instead of "Δ ", etc.
- You must not insert any image or table in the abstract
- The easiest way to submit your abstract is to type it in your text editor before copying and pasting each section in the dedicated fields for Introduction, Material & Methods, Results, Conclusions.
Step 6: Validation and submission process
Initially, the abstracts are registered under "Draft" status. You will receive an email confirming the registration of your abstract and that it is in draft status. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours, please contact us.
When your abstract is in draft form, you may return to your account at any time to amend the contents or submit the final version. Abstracts in draft form MUST be submitted formally before the deadline. When you click SUBMIT, your abstract will change to the status “Submitted”, and you will receive a confirmation of your submission by email.
Only abstracts with a "Submitted" status will be forwarded to the Abstract Committee for review.